Final Conservation Project for 2102, South Platte River Restoration at Happy Meadows
South Platte River Restoration, 2012
Please join us…….this is our last conservation project for 2012 and your last chance to earn another raffle ticket for the Conservation Volunteer Recognition Awards Raffle to be held at our Conservation Auction on November 13, 2012. We have five great prizes including a full day rafting trip on the Colorado River donated and guided by Ray Carney, a box of custom killer flies tied and donated by Richard Pilatzke and a selection of must have ORVIS fishing gear!
Carpooling will be available from the Park and Ride lot at Dad Clark and University Avenue (Just off 470) in Highlands Ranch. We plan to leave at 8:00 am sharp, plan to be at the lot by 7:45 am. Please contact Jim Klug at 303-953-8046 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and arrange carpooling. This is a joint effort with the Coalition for the Upper South Platte. We would like a good turnout for this effort to finish the year with another successful project. Details are outlined below.
The fishing has been good at Happy Meadows and the work completes at 2:00 pn leaving time to cast for your favorite species of Trout!
Workday: Saturday, October 27th, 2012
Project Location: Happy Meadows, directions below
Project Times: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Volunteers Needed: 25
Following major in stream restoration, we will be raking and seeding disturbed areas of reconstruction. Depending on the progression of work, the project may also include transplanting native vegetation, sedges and/or willows along the river’s edge.
CUSP will provide materials and necessary tools to complete project work.
A USFS outhouse is available nearby.
Events may be canceled or rescheduled due to bad weather, which could create hazardous conditions for volunteers and staff. Staff will monitor weather and notify you of any changes in a timely fashion.
Mandatory Requirements of Volunteers:
All volunteers must complete and submit: a CUSP liability release form, CCTU liability release form and volunteer sign-up sheet (for the group).
Any applicable medicines (including epi-pen and inhalers, if needed)
Sun block and sun glasses (or safety glasses)
Layered clothing appropriate for outdoor work
Waders – if you have them
A container for water, the use of reusable containers is encouraged, refills will be provided
Directions to Happy Meadows from Hwy 24 (from the east):
Take Hwy 24 west through Lake George
About one mile west of Lake George, turn right on county rd. 77 (towards Tarryall Reservoir)
Turn right at CR 112, (appx. 1.4 mile), then turn right at the T
Meet at the first large pullout, before Happy Meadows campground – signs will mark the site
Coalition for the Upper South Platte
Post Office Box 726
Lake George, Colorado 80827
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- Items Available at the CCTU Annual Auction November 12th
- October Meeting Dave Lovell of Freestone Outfitters
- 2013 Annual Conservation Auction
- CHANGE: No Mine Rehab, Back to Happy Meadows on October 12th
- Clear Creek Clean Up Project, September 7, 2013
- Clear Creek Cleanup Project a Resounding Success
- September Fly Raffle
- September Fly Raffle
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments