National Public Lands Day, South Platte River Restoration at Happy Meadows
Posted in Conservation by jjklug1 Comments Off
The Coalition for the Upper South Platte is sponsering a restoration project at Happy Meadows on Saturday, September 29th., National Public Lands Day. Our Chapter is not officially participating in this project, however if you can help out, please register on line or contact Lisa Patton at 719-748-0033. Details to follow……….. Thank you, Jim Klug
Workday: Saturday, September 29th, 2011
Project Location: Happy Meadows, directions below
Times: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, with a lunch break around noon
Volunteers Needed: up to 40
Following major in stream restoration, we will be raking and seeding disturbed areas of reconstruction. Depending on the progression of work, the project may also include transplanting native vegetation, sedges and/or willows along the river’s edge.
CUSP will provide materials and necessary tools to complete project work.
- A USFS outhouse is available nearby.
- Please register at: http://www.uppersouthplatte.org/Volunteer/
Mandatory Requirements of Volunteers:
All volunteers must complete and submit: a CUSP liability release form for each volunteer and volunteer sign-up sheet (for the group).
Any applicable medicines (including epi-pen and inhalers, if needed)
Sun glasses or safety glasses
Layered clothing appropriate for outdoor work
A container for water, the use of reusable containers is encouraged
A sack lunch
Events may be canceled or rescheduled due to bad weather, which could create hazardous conditions for volunteers and staff. Staff will monitor weather and notify you of any changes on the volunteer link at the CUSP website.
Directions to Happy Meadows from Hwy 24 (from the east):
Take Hwy 24 west through Lake George
About one mile west of Lake George, turn right on county rd. 77 (towards Tarryall Reservoir)
Turn right at CR 112, (appx. 1.4 mile)
At the T and turn right
Meet at the large pullout, appx. ½ mile past Happy Meadows campground – signs will mark the site
Coalition for the Upper South Platte
Post Office Box 726
Lake George, Colorado 80827
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- First Conservation Project for 2014: FRIDAY MAY 9TH. AT 11 MILE CANYON
- Still Time for the Big Horn Trip May 12-17
- Cutthroat Chapter Newsletters
- March Monthly Meeting a Fly Tying Clinic
- April 15th Meeting with Duane Redford on the South Platte
- Thank You
- February Meeting: Landon Mayer on Inside Tips Outside of the Guides Box
- February Fly Raffle
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments