Clear Creek Clean Up Thank You!
On September 8, 2012, the Cutthroat Chapter and the Cherry Creek anglers Chapter of Trout Unlimited co-sponsored our annual Clear Creek Clean Up in Idaho Springs. Ray Carney and I send a hearty THANK YOU to the 28 hard working volunteers who spent their Saturday morning removing trash from along 10 miles of Clear Creek stream side. A special thanks to Ray Carney for all his time and effort in organizing this important conservation event. Ray claims he cannot remember how many times he has lead this endeavor.
Coffee and doughnuts were provided to get the morning started on the right foot. After the work was finished, Pizza lunch was enjoyed as was a raffle of gifts provided by both chapters and local merchants. Clear Creek County provided safety vests, the giant orange trash bags and roadside trash pickup.
Gift certificates were donated by Colorado Skies Outfitters in Parker, Clear Creek Outdoors in Idaho Springs, Mile High rafting in Idaho Springs and Beau Jo’s Pizza also in Idaho Springs. The local Starbucks provided the coffee and fixens and Beau Jo’s provided the Pizza at a generous discount. Clear Creek Outdoors also supported the raffle with a new fly rod! When you are in the area, please stop by these merchants and let them know you appreciate what they do to make this event a success.
This annual event and Ray is already planning for 2013!
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- 2013 CCTU Conservation Project Listing
- CANCELLED! Springer Fire Burn Area Reseeding Conservation Project May 11, 2013 CANCELLED!
- Cutthroat Chapter Newsletters
- May Fly Raffle
- April Meeting: Tim Patterson Owner of RIGS Adventure
- April 27th is an Important Conservation Project
- April Fly Raffle
- Temperature Profile Project March 21, 2013 by Allen Adinoff and Jim Rasmussen
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments