July Meeting All About Streamer Fishing with Reid Baker, July 17th at 7pm
Posted in Past Events by Mike Myers Comments Off
Join us for the July meeting at South Metro Denver Realtors Association building at 7pm featuring Reid Baker, owner and guide manager of Freestone Outfitters out of Littleton, CO. Freestone Outfitters supply guides for many of the Front Range shops. Reid is a consistent contributor and supporter of TU and our mission. Some of you may have taken advantage of the discount he offered to TU members who booked a guided trip on private water this spring. For his presentation, he will be sharing some of his hard-earned experience on streamer fishing in Colorado.
Growing up on the trout and steelhead waters of Oregon, many of Reid’s earliest memories revolve around fly fishing trips with his father. He is a graduate of the University of Colorado, where he was president of the University of Colorado Fly-Fishing Club and earned a degree in English and Creative Writing. It was during his college career that his love for teaching, fly-fishing, nature and writing came together and he decided to dedicate his life to sharing these collective passions. Since becoming a professional guide, he has come to understand how much he truly lives to watch his infectious excitement for the sport rub off on others.
Reid is an Owner and Guide Manager for Freestone Outfitters. He is an avid writer and his work has been featured in The Flyfish Journal. When not guiding, he travels the world, fly rod in hand, constantly amazed by the remarkable people and places fishing has shown him.
I hope you can drop by!
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- June Mtg: Ron Belak on Fishing for Wild Cutthroat Trout
- June Fly Raffle
- Springer Gulch, 11-Mile Canyon Erosion Control Project with CUSP, June 15, 2013
- CANCELLED! Springer Fire Burn Area Conservation Project May 11, 2013
- 2013 CCTU -- UPDATED -- Conservation Project Listing
- Another Great Success for Trout In The Classroom
- Help the Yellowstone Cutthroat in Yellowstone Lake from a New Threat
- Trout in the Classroom Makes a Splash in the Blue River
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments