June Speaker: Robert Younghanz aka, The Bug Guy
Join us at 6:30pm on June 19th at the South Metro Denver Realtor’s Association for a presentation by Robert Younghanz on aquatic entomology. Robert will give us just a small portion of his vast knowledge on the water-borne and stream-side insects that inhabit our home water system of the South Platte River.
Robert Younghanz, a.k.a The Bug Guy, is an internationally known Fly Fishing Guide and instructor. Robert has been involved in the Fly Fishing industry for close to 20 years. Having traveled to over 60 countries, he is an accomplished angler, teacher and guide for fresh, salt, tropical and warm water species. His passion and expertise in the field of Aquatic Entomology ( the study of insects) has enabled him to travel the world collecting Insects, as well as studying, researching, curating and teaching at Colorado State University, and Front Range Community College. In addition, Robert is a published researcher and has described several new species of aquatic insects in Colorado and Oklahoma. Robert has been a guest lecturer across the Western United States on the topic of Aquatic Entomology.
As a contributing writer to Field and Stream’s blog, “Fly Talk”, “The Bug Guy” offers helpful advice on entomology and fly selection to fly fishers all over the globe. Robert is a featured presenter at the International Sportsman’s Expo in Denver, CO, a Simms Ambassador and Orvis Endorsed Guide and has conducted entomology classes for both Simms and Orvis guides at their national gatherings, as well as for Trout Unlimited and other local organizations in the Rocky Mountain West.
Robert teaches monthly lecture and streamside classes at The Angler’s Covey Fly Shop in Colorado Springs. Look for Robert on WFN (The World Fishing Network) and on-line where he discusses insects, and well as fly fishing on Southern Colorado numerous rivers, lakes and reservoirs. Be sure and check out Robert’s newly released 2 set DVD: The Bug Guy: Entomology For The Flyfisher. For more information about Robert check out his websites:
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- First Conservation Project for 2014: FRIDAY MAY 9TH. AT 11 MILE CANYON
- CONTACT US
- Still Time for the Big Horn Trip May 12-17
- Cutthroat Chapter Newsletters
- March Monthly Meeting a Fly Tying Clinic
- April 15th Meeting with Duane Redford on the South Platte
- Thank You
- February Meeting: Landon Mayer on Inside Tips Outside of the Guides Box
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments