Cutthroat Chapter to host Project Healing Waters veterans
Posted in Past Events by Richard Pilatzke Comments Off
Cutthroat Chapter will host 8 veterans from the Project Healing Waters program for a day of fishing at Crystal Lake, which is located near Leadville. Chapter members will be able to fish with the veterans on Monday, July 9th. This will be a chapter fishing trip and all participants will gather at the South Suburban Board of Realtors parking lot for a departure at 7:00 AM. It is about a two hour drive to the lake.
Crystal Lake is located at 9860 feet in elevation and has excellent wading conditions and shore access. A trail leads from the parking lot all around the lake. The lake has an excellent callibaetis mayfly hatch and also a good number of damsels. It provides excellent dry fly fishing and is ideal for beginners and intermediate fly fishers.
For information on the trip, call Richard Pilatzke at 303-979-8425 or Kent Higgins at 303-791-1163.
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- June Mtg: Ron Belak on Fishing for Wild Cutthroat Trout
- June Fly Raffle
- Springer Gulch, 11-Mile Canyon Erosion Control Project with CUSP, June 15, 2013
- CANCELLED! Springer Fire Burn Area Conservation Project May 11, 2013
- 2013 CCTU -- UPDATED -- Conservation Project Listing
- Another Great Success for Trout In The Classroom
- Help the Yellowstone Cutthroat in Yellowstone Lake from a New Threat
- Trout in the Classroom Makes a Splash in the Blue River
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments