April Monthly Meeting on Czech Nymphing with Steve Parrott. Special Guest Dave Sweet on the Yellowstone Lake Cutthroat.
Posted in Conservation by Mike Myers Comments Off
Steve will be giving an in-depth presentation on the Czech Nymphing method with rigging instructions, fly placement and ideal waters to fish. The presentation will be at the normal meeting place, South Metro Denver Realtors Association, at 7:00pm, doors open at 6:30pm.
Czech Nymphing, also referred to as European Nymphing, is a style of nymph fishing that is readily catching on here in the United States, especially in Colorado. It is a very effective technique that is perfectly suited for the many fast waters of our state. This style of short line nymph fishing often uses longer rods, no yarn or foam strike indicators and a level construction designed to get your heavily weighted flies, often three, down to the bottom quickly. All of the weight used in a Czech Nymph rig is added to the flies themselves not the leader.
Steve has spent the last 12 years researching and experimenting with the Czech, French and Spanish Nymphing methods also referred to as the European Methods. Steve is a veteran of the industry with over 17 years of experience guiding clients all over the globe. Steve moved to Colorado in 2006 and has since focused his efforts on learning every facet of the European Nymphing Methods and sharing these through instructional classes and DVD’s. Steve is also co-owner of the Blue Quill Angler Fly Shop in Evergreen, Colorado.
Dave Sweet on the Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout Populations.
Dave Sweet, Yellowstone Lake Project Manager for the Wyoming Council of Trout Unlimited, will present on the devastation being caused to Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout populations in Yellowstone National Park by Lake trout. There is hope and Dave will outline an aggressive plan to help bring back the native cutthroat trout!
Stay Up to Date
Stay in the loop by signing up here.
Get the Newsletter
Explore the Site
- 2014 Conservation Project Schedule Updated 4/21/2014
- First Conservation Project for 2014: FRIDAY MAY 9TH. AT 11 MILE CANYON
- CONTACT US
- Still Time for the Big Horn Trip May 12-17
- Cutthroat Chapter Newsletters
- March Monthly Meeting a Fly Tying Clinic
- April 15th Meeting with Duane Redford on the South Platte
- Thank You
- Even More Willows Planted on Horse Creek has 4 comments
- Frying Pan Fishing Fun - Sept 16/19 has 3 comments
- San Juan River Fishing Trip October 26-30. has 3 comments
- Protect Our Rivers License Plate has 2 comments
- Auction Item-Flies Flies Flies has 2 comments
- Jim Klug named CUSP "Winter Watershed Hero" has 2 comments
- Dorsey’s Mercury Cased Caddis has 2 comments
- Sept. 20th Meeting – Jeff Spohn “State of the So. Platte River” has 1 comments